My Website

I think you need to focus a bit more... it's a bit disconcerting, when I click into your site.. to have a glam portrait next to a picture of an iguana. Focusing on portraits and animals is fine... but if you're trying to get clients you need to separate the two things on your site.

Also... I'm not a big fan of the digitized coin photo on your home page.

My thoughts,

First, ditch the splash page, nobody wants to have to click an image just to get into your site

Second, create a logo that's pleasing on the eyes, then keep it and the nav in the same spot on every page, and choose one font and stick with it, consistency is good!

Then pick a color scheme, make sure your logo, font colors, and link colors match, this can help if you aren't good with colors coordinating http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

Then learn a bit of HTML, or find an IDE (program like Dreamweaver, or Frontpage that will do the code generation for you) and get a good tabled (or CSS, but tables are easier) layout going so everything looks well organized.

And keep the layout consistent, as there's little consistency between your pages.

Then, as Jim said, why is there a picture of a model next to an iguana? I would create a section for each type of photography you do, or put a "Gallery" section with the types as subsections

Then, resize your pictures before putting them on the web, some of your pictures are still loading after 5 minutes of me viewing your page, they're ~5mb! Don't just resize using width="" and height="", resize in Photoshop, or some similar program first.

Hope that wasn't too harsh, just trying to help you get going in the right direction, especially if you're using the site for business.

Most reactions

Back