My Wife Is Back From Africa...

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife & her sister spent almost 2 months in Africa this year. I have been going through her photos for processing. She gave me permission to post some of her photos. We hope you enjoy them.

Fortunately, the warthog got away thanks to a herd of elephants.
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-29.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-30.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-33.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-34.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-37.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-46.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-47.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-49.jpg

Some people don't like seeing images like these but I find them fascinating. Nature at its truest. Thank you both for sharing, I enjoyed them.

they seem to just be recordings of the event, not what I call photography. also, the vignetting done in post is too obvious.

they seem to just be recordings of the event, not what I call photography. also, the vignetting done in post is too obvious.
I'm not even going to respond to such a stupid post. You are blocked.

What a sequence! Your wife did a terrific job. It's impressive that she stayed so focused on capturing what is an unfamiliar and uncomfortable scene. I don't know if I could have done it, even understanding that this is a common daily occurrence in that part of the world.

I'm glad the warthog escaped, though he must have been a bit wounded. That lion had him, and wasn't playing.

Did she get any of the elephants?

What a sequence! Your wife did a terrific job. It's impressive that she stayed so focused on capturing what is an unfamiliar and uncomfortable scene. I don't know if I could have done it, even understanding that this is a common daily occurrence in that part of the world.

I'm glad the warthog escaped, though he must have been a bit wounded. That lion had him, and wasn't playing.

Did she get any of the elephants?
Yes. Here are a few of them.

Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-42.jpg
Lion, Wart Hog, & Elephants-44.jpg
Africa -35.jpg
Africa -34.jpg
Africa -33.jpg

Wonderful sequence.

There will be more photos to come. I am processing them when I have time.

Those are very cool, Scott. Congrats to your wife.

Sometimes the merit is in the subject caught. This was a high speed, high movement series of shots, and she did a great job considering the circumstances. Keeping a fast moving target in focus at 120mm is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Those are some great shots. She did well.

Most reactions

Back