Not open for further replies.

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I suggested to my wife yesterday that she pickup photography as a hobby so that her and I could spend more time together. Her response was: and I quote "why? I know how to take a picture." When I laughed she didn't understand why, so I asked her how it was then that I am able to get our kids in such good focus, but the things in the background out of focus? She said that I must have done it in photoshop. I love my wife to death, but she is so naive.

Ya, there are those who "get it", and those who dont, lol. Good story.

Yeah, I get that form my beautiful wife all the time. When I ask her then if she wants to get away for a while with the cameras it's usually something along the lines of 'You waste too much time on your camera. I just wanna take pictures.' And then she won't go.

I'm working on her. At least she has an EOS 630. Go FILM!

hehehe... Yeah. I am trying to get my mother into photography. I gave her my D50 and a couple of lenses and she doesn't get that there is a difference in lenses. So, I walked her through a couple of shots. She saw that there is a difference but it will take a while until she understands it.

Also, JimmyO, what kind of shades are those? :)

Hahaha - that's funny. Those are the best times - lol!

It isn't just women;)

My boyfriend is more into the P&S style of photography at pres - I'll muck around doing long exposures etc, shallow DOF's etc. When we had the sensor dust which was only showing up at about F11+ he was like we'll its not bothering me so why worry about it etc (yes true cause you use auto and normal pics were fine) . He keeps saying he wants me to show him how to do more with the canon - everytime I try to explain something to him he isn't interested in what I'm saying.

I say don't bother trying to share a hobby that the other person has lack of interest.. just go do it for you... and enjoy this gift..

We'll let the 14 year old thread go back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back