What's new

My wife

meynard2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was walking down on a Friday night downtown, trying to kill sometime and ended up find a hair salon with a mirror and figured it was very interesting to see about taking a self portrait of my wife there. She didn't feel so good, otherwise she'd be smiling but it turned out better then expected. I added some grain on it, I also added the colored version even tho i like the B&W more.
 

Attachments

  • _DSC2843 (1).webp
    _DSC2843 (1).webp
    3.9 MB · Views: 339
  • _DSC2843 (2).webp
    _DSC2843 (2).webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 351
I like both versions though I don't usually like b&w. With the added grain the latter looks like something out of a fifties era Life Magazine. What works especially well in this photo is the composition which draws the eye to continually navigate around the image.
 
I think this is a fine shot and agree that the BW has much more of an impact.
The included elements give this picture much more 'depth' than just the average snap.

If you are inclined, there are some edits that I think would make it even better.

The right side is mostly empty and the tilted frame of the mirror (?) and the light bunch of stuff at the top are a bit distracting
By uprighting the frame a bit using transformation and cropping to a 4x5 aspect ration, imo the image is improved.

upload_2019-5-29_10-8-3.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom