"My worst critics - Me, Myself, and I" (Self Portrait) for C&C

RalphP13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I like the way this turned out, however, I wonder what those with a more critical eye think.

Thanks, Ralph

Me_Myself_I.jpg

I like it. The one thing i would change would be to have the front of the lens more in focus.

With that shutter speed, I am assuming your using a tripod. If so i would lowere the ISO as low as possible.

Nice lineup of lens!

BTW, im new to photography so take comment with a grain of salt.

Fantastic idea,, I agree with lowering the ISO if you're set on a tripod, why not

but damn, the thought behind that is great, and it's almost "literally" THE self portrait lol

Not my thing, I assume thats photoshopped?

WoW!! I really, really like this!! The idea is very original (IMO). I'm going to have to steal this idea and give it a go one afternoon when I have the time...They say that immitation is the greatest compliment, right? LoL...

Cheers!
- Dan

It's cool, however I don't know if I like the middle face being so yellow, maybe it's just my monitor...

After getting on a better computer I keep looking at this trying to figure out why everyone looks like it, maybe its my eye, is it supposed to look like those are 3 different layers reflecting on the lens? To me it just looks like the face is just pasted on their in different colors.

I like the idea, though a little eerie. Is it photo shopped? not that that matters. Not so sure I see the difference from taking out distracting items to adding faces etc. As a concept of a self portrait I feel it works... me myself and I. Though as Aliaspros said, not sure about the 'yellow face'...it's not the monitor.

Thanks for the comments and thanks for looking.

The faces in the lens are actual reflections. The image was made by simply positioning me, the flash, the lens, and the camera in the right areas. This actually ended up being more difficult than I anticipated. The different colors to the faces are because of the coatings used on the elements inside the lens. Even further back there are additional colors of reflections due to even different coatings. (I think there is also a "red face")

Certainly I knew this would not appeal to everyone, however, as a "self portrait” and as such, a representation of myself, I like it. Even the "yellow face," at least to me, represents the fact that these are actual reflections rather than just a Photoshop job. (I did actually try to tone down the “yellow face” in post processing, I even tried black and white, which lost a lot of the overall effect.)

Thanks, Ralph

I thinks its awesome. I wonder how it would look if you gelled the flash you used for your face. Also, wonder if it would add a little to the image if you opened up the back ground a little and aloud for some bokeh.

I thinks its awesome. I wonder how it would look if you gelled the flash you used for your face. Also, wonder if it would add a little to the image if you opened up the back ground a little and aloud for some bokeh.

I think that a little bokeh would really make this snap! Havings said that, I think its awesome as is! The yellow face doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I think it would be kind of neat to have one red, green and blue face. Atleast, the mental image I get of that is interesting...It may be absolute crap in reality! LoL...

I say bravo!

Love it and am stealing it ASAP. Great idea.

WoW!! I really, really like this!! The idea is very original (IMO). I'm going to have to steal this idea and give it a go one afternoon when I have the time...They say that immitation is the greatest compliment, right? LoL...

Cheers!
- Dan

Love it and am stealing it ASAP. Great idea.

By all means, run with it!! I can't wait to see what you do with the idea.

Thanks, Ralph

Knowing what you put into this and the lack of post processing makes it very cool.

Most reactions

Back