[N24] 24h of Nurburgring

hadoq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.garage-setagaya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just went there this week end and had a total blast. my body doesn't really agree (although it had some sort of "blast" as well) but I don't care, I brought back some photos, of course, here they are.

So let's start at the beginning shall we ?

Saturday, around 3pm, the line up

r8triohdr-76-Modifier.jpg
r8triohdr-53-Modifier.jpg
r8triohdr-56-Modifier.jpg

Also the time to catch some known faces (well, at least to me)

r8triohdr-63-Modifier.jpg

but since it was crowded, to say the least ...

r8triohdr-49-Modifier.jpg

... we decided it was time to find some other place to be.

Saturday, sometime between 4 and 8pm

Germany at it's finest

r8triohdr-135-Modifier.jpg
r8triohdr-148-Modifier.jpg
r8triohdr-142-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-201-Modifier.jpg

but, well... it seemed that this was not where I was going to get some metal to shoot eh... so I figured, since there was a race, I'd head to the track side.

unfortunately, I didn't have that "press" jacket, so I had to stick behind the fence, not the most practical way to take pictures, but I like the challenge.

r8triohdr-11207-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-115-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-130-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-157-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-214-Modifier.jpg

and as the sun went down, the iso went up

r8triohdr-226-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-234-Modifier.jpg

... that until there was no sun left, so

Saturday, between 11pm and Sunday 2 or 3 am

my body was hurt so I went to the paddocks and took a couple of pics there

r8triohdr-277-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-272-Modifier.jpg

then I just had to head to the car and try and get some sleep.

Sunday we met some friends and I found that I was more inspired for my shots, so I spent the morning shooting cars

Sunday, 10am to 1pm, the race, again !

r8triohdr-38-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-50-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-91-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-67-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-97-Modifier.jpg
r8triohdr-82-Modifier.jpg

24h_2009_card2-118-Modifier.jpg

24h_2009_card2-29-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-39-Modifier.jpg

24h_2009_card2-124-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-47-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-28-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-40-Modifier.jpg

r8triohdr-34-Modifier.jpg

Then, as the end of the race was coming closer, people started to leave, in order to avoid a traffic jam after the end (300.000 people around, this is THE major sport event in Germany)

24h_2009_card2-137-Modifier.jpg
24h_2009_card2-140-Modifier.jpg

then it was the perfect time to have a lunch together with the boyz

24h_2009_card2-146-Modifier.jpg

and of course, german style

24h_2009_card2-149-Modifier.jpg

Last edited:
up to date !!!

I'll take it all, comments, criticism, whatever helps to either get more motivation or more skill

Last edited:
All your shots look ok. It is a shame, such a legendary race track is exposed to imbecile graffiti artists. This doesn't do much to critique your work, sorry! Sharp, clean and good exposure is about all I can offer.

For all you graffiti artists, there is an appropriate place for your art eh! No offence.

Looks like it was a great time, I am jealous. My favorite shots are the red/white Ford GT, the night shot with the brake lights, and I love the zoom shot of the Aston! The other race shots are ok, but I like the ones that show motion.

The campground looks like everyone was having a good time.

Was the whole course open for this race? I seem to remember hearing that it had well over 100 turns or "bends" at one point, and also that the track can be configured in a few ways.

Hi, thanks for the comments

for this race, it's almost the whole course, the GP track is a shorter layout tho.

as for the graffitis, and as a huge fan of this place, I believe -and I think that's the point- that, traditionally, they are a part of what defines this track, a part of what makes it unique.

of course, some "texts" are quite far from poetry, but still, I couldn't imagine a nordschleife without the graffitis.

I think, on my very first lap there, it was the thing that impressed me the most, and when I saw the 1st ones under my wheels I really realized that I was driving on "the ring".

Nice pictures and cool report :) I particularly like the panned pic of the Osram car and the night time long exposure. Maybe you can contact the organisers ahead of next years event and try to get a press pass anyway, just say you are "freelance", sometimes works for me ;-)

These are good and you captured also quite some of the atmosphere there.
A pity you didn't get a pic of my dad. I know he went there for last weekend, he told me, so I'd not try to congratulate him on his birthday last Saturday. He cycled there on his racer bike. Thought he might take a turn on the very Nürburgring by bike, too, but obviously that was not possible. (He turned 79 last Saturday).

beautiful shots, all of them! i know this circuit but never heard it's name!
this circuit had some tests of some cars of top gear, but never knew what's the name of the circuit!

I could not tell if you had a press pass by these photos. Well done all around. This is a amazing track, I have done many laps on Pc games lol.. I got tired after walking around Lime Rock park and thats a go cart track compaired to this one.. Thanks for sharing.

thanks, honnestly sauce839, I couldn't tell. As for the editing, I do them all different.

of course I have my routine but I could not tell exactly what I did on that particular shot.

Also, I start and play a little with lightroom, then the photo goes to photoshop.

lightroom is so easy and powerfull for the basic edition

contrast, white balance, selective saturation and color work etc...

also, most of the time I shoot in raw

Some nice shots you have there, I remember that camp site from 2005 Elephant motorbike rally camping in -18 :lol:

Nicely done. I'm a little jealous, I want to go the 'the ring'.. *sniffle*..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back