Name lenses made or designed by Zeiss.

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So Sony being the most recent, but i also knew that Zeiss can be had from Contax. Today, i found a Rollie planar that is just phenomenal. What are some other brands that Zeiss designed or manufactured for?

Zeiss made a lot of lenses for the Yashica/Contax 35mm mount. Zeiss has had lenses manufactured under contract _by_ Cosina in Japan, for a long time now, for various mounts...you can buy a Zeiss-branded lens for Canon EF, or for Nikon F mount. Zeiss (today) is not a lens manufacturing company, but a brand name and quality-control firm. Zeiss has quality control engineers that oversee the quality of the products that will be Zeiss-branded.

My Microscope has Zeiss lenses. I could only afford the Achromatic Lenses :(
I really want the Planar stuff.

So Sony being the most recent, but i also knew that Zeiss can be had from Contax. Today, i found a Rollie planar that is just phenomenal. What are some other brands that Zeiss designed or manufactured for?
Carl Zeiss is/was a lens manufacturer who make/made lenses for anyone who wanted to buy them. In their heyday, they were the biggest lens manufacturer in the world. All (I think) Rollei cameras had Carl Zeiss lenses from the first Rolleiflex in 1928. Nearly all Zeiss Ikon cameras had Carl Zeiss lenses. My Ihagee cameras (Exakta and Exa) cameras had Carl Zeiss lenses as did my early Praktica camera.

Any camera manufacturer who wanted to sell to the top end of the market used Carl Zeiss lenses.

(Contax is a Zeiss brand, originating in 1932)

Last edited:
Were they Zeiss branded?

Carl Zeiss is/was a lens manufacturer who make/made lenses for anyone who wanted to buy them. In their heyday, they were the biggest lens manufacturer in the world. All (I think) Rollei cameras had Carl Zeiss lenses from the first Rolleiflex in 1928. Nearly all Zeiss Ikon cameras had Carl Zeiss lenses. My Ihagee cameras (Exakta and Exa) cameras had Carl Zeiss lenses as did my early Praktica camera.

Any camera manufacturer who wanted to sell to the top end of the market used Carl Zeiss lenses.

(Contax is a Zeiss brand, originating in 1932)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back