Name that Bird?

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found a lot of different species today, @ Colonel Sam Smith Park in the big smoke we call Toronto. Anyone want to try to name them all?? I can't.

websz0336.jpg

websz0340.jpg

websz0343.jpg

websz0344.jpg

websz0345.jpg

websz0346.jpg

websz0350.jpg

websz0348.jpg

websz0349.jpg

websz0337.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow....what an awesome series Sir Raymond. Brilliant shooting. I have no idea what half these birds are , but that second one looked like me a few weeks ago, when I had my possessed eye.:lol: :lol: :lol:

NICE SHOTS!

#1 oldsquaw hen

#3 AMERICAN ROBIN
#4 BROWN HEADED COWBIRD(MALE)
#5 MOURNING DOVE
#6 (MAYBE) GOLD FINCH (MALE IN MOLT)
#9 GRAY JAY (WHISKEY JACK)
#10 oldsquaw again
I HAVE SEEN #8 many times in winter roamin the woods in a large social group of chickadees, nuthatch, downy woodpeckers and titmice. i can't say positively what it is and will be interested if somebody else knows it's name.

I don't know what anyone of them are... (I have a hard time keeping my kids' name straight much less any other name :er: ) but I think all of these shots are breathtaking!

Raymond, that's another spectacular series. I'm gonna stick a GPS on you to figure out where you get these great shots. (Will first have to figure out where to put it, as apparently the pants are not a sure bet.)

wow, incredible shots... love em all... :thumbup:

ps i don't do bird names... but that second one looks like he could use some visine...

Hey Ray definitely a Mocking bird. 7 is a Horned Grebe. 8 looks like a Kinglet. Besides they all look great. The Cowbird and the Longtailed, Old Squaw has become not politically correct. 6 is a molting Goldfinch.

so here is the final tally

1 Female Longtail Duck
2 Female Horned Grebe
3 Robin
4 Male Cow Bird
5 Morning Dove
6 American Goldfinch
7 Male Horned Grebe
8 Golden Crowned Kinglet
9 Northern Mockingbird
10 Female Longtail Duck

Thanks for everyones help!

well......:blushing:

i stand corrected on the mockingbird! i could have sworn that the bird pictured was the exact one that eat bout 1/2 a caribou up alaska way a few years back...oops!

i like mockers too. they sing pretty.

luck!

Most reactions

Back