Name that piece of Gear

VideoJay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
So I was watching this band called snarky puppy on youtube perform and was trying to get some insight into some of the equipment they use for filming. Wondering if anyone could take a few stabs at what they think some of the equipment is they are using. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.31.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.31.55 AM.png
    496.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.38.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.38.05 AM.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.31.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.31.56 AM.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 144
Great band

Looks like a Canon DSLR body and L lens.

Canon dslr and 70-200 f/2.8 L lens.

It also looks like they've some video accessories on top. It looks like a screen so that instead of looking at the LCD they've got a video output raised up to the viewers eyes. The fact that he's got headphones on might also mean that there's a dedicated external audio recorder in that setup too. There might also be other bits on that assembly that I'm not familiar with.

I don't know the name, but that's a cool little auxiliary monitor.

It also looks like they've some video accessories on top. It looks like a screen so that instead of looking at the LCD they've got a video output raised up to the viewers eyes. The fact that he's got headphones on might also mean that there's a dedicated external audio recorder in that setup too. There might also be other bits on that assembly that I'm not familiar with.
very inciteful thanks for the comment!

I know very little about video but that monitor may be from SmallHD. They plug into the HDMI port and you can control the camera through it as well. I think it becomes something like the ultimate live view. Also, if that is not a 1DX it must have a battery pack attached. Video takes a lot of power.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back