Name your top 5 favorite movies

I think you either love the royal tenenbaums or you hate it...it's one of my bfs absolute favorites, and I went uptown to the video store to rent it, and the owner sold it to me for $3, because only one other guy in town that had rented it, like it (and he loved it)...I like the movie myself.

Yeah, I've noticed the love it/hate it thing, too. I think it's just WAY to dry for some people...I can't get enough of it, though :) .

I never have been able to make a top 5, but here are a few favs...

Shawshank Redemption
Bourne Identity and Supremacy
Notting Hill
A Christmas Story
Ocean's Eleven
The Italian Job (MINI COOPERS)!!!
Dumber and Dumber, and Billy Madison

Okay I'll stop, but I could go on forever...

Solaris (Russian, original)
Solaris (remake)
2001 A Space Odissey
The Experiment (Greman)
Alien I, II
Saving Private Ryan
The Pianist
Monster

Dancer in the Dark
Lost Highway
The Elephant Man
The Million Dollar Hotel
Being John Malkovich
The Wall (amazing...)
and Monty Python- The Meaning of Life and Monty Python and Holy Graal :D

Hard to think of top 5.........

-Beaches
-Not a movie, but the Anne of Green Gable/Anne of Avonlea mini series
-Philadelphia
-Silence of the Lambs
-While You Were Sleeping

Rushmore
Royal Tenenbaums
Star Wars: A New Hope
Wild at Heart
Raising Arizona

AlisonS said:
Hard to think of top 5.........

-Beaches
-Not a movie, but the Anne of Green Gable/Anne of Avonlea mini series
-Philadelphia
-Silence of the Lambs
-While You Were Sleeping

OMG! I forgot about Beaches... oh man, I just loved that movie. It reminds me of a friend of mine I've had most of my life. I heard that movie referred to as a "chick flick" on the radio one day and took offense; it's a movie about two friends, not a chick flick. A chick flick is anything with that one english guy in it (can't remember his name).

Silence of the lambs also is one of my fav's, but very long. Jodie foster reminds me of my little sister (pic follows, she's the one on the far right with my friend Beau in the middle, and her friend Brooke on the far left):

Beau.jpg

cya

P.S. Aliens is in my top 3 sci fi's

Hmm...

- The Crow
- Leon
- Donnie Darko
- Strictly Ballroom
- Primal Fear

But I love so many movies. And besides, my top five will probably change again tomorrow.

The Meaning of Life - Monty Python
Dr. Strangelove
Vertigo
Amelie (Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain)
Immortel

Bokeh said:
A chick flick is anything with that one english guy in it (can't remember his name).

That would be Hugh Grant I guess. He is the saviour of British comedy in movies... He's really funny and just typically english.

Anyway I'd have to say that one of my new favourite top 5 movies would have to be Hero... I saw the original Chinese version it's such a beautifully shot movie... I'd advise everyone to watch it. It's almost like watching a slideshow of masterpiece photographs.

Most reactions

Back