Name your top 5 favorite movies

Scurra said:
Bokeh said:
Anyway I'd have to say that one of my new favourite top 5 movies would have to be Hero... I saw the original Chinese version it's such a beautifully shot movie... I'd advise everyone to watch it. It's almost like watching a slideshow of masterpiece photographs.

I enjoyed the artistry of Hero, but the plot line lacked IMO. Did you like Croutching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? I do agree that Hero had amazing videography.

It's hard to pick a top 5, but some of my favorites are:

Lord of the Rings series
Star Wars series (especially original 3)
The Princess Bride
Amadeus

There are so many good movies out there in so many different genres that I enjoy, but I guess my favorites are on the whimsical side.

Alison, I love Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. Sets my romantic girlie heart a twitter. :)

Aoide said:
Princess Bride

Alison, I love Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. Sets my romantic girlie heart a twitter. :)

How could I forget Princess Bride? Another great one. Sounds like we have the same tase in movies :)

Shawshank Redemption
The Fabulous Baker Boys - Michelle Pfieffer in a red dress...mmmmmm....
Kill Bill
Apollo 13
Kingpin

Tough question. Off the top of my head I would say; The 25th hour by Spike Lee, The Spanish Prisoner by David Mamet, If These Walls Could Talk by a Variety of extremely talented female directors including Cher. I think the film was produced by the incomparable Nancy Savoca; I will need confirmation on that one. IMHO the film should be mandatory viewing for all H.S students. The Last Waltz by Martin Scorsesee, Magnolia by Paul Thomas Anderson.

Generally anything produced or directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, Marty Scorsesee, Frank Copolla (I also like his wine) Stanley Kubrick and Spike Lee.

Super Troopers is one of the funniest movies I ever saw. Meow.

I forgot the Christopher Guest movies, favorite being Spinal Tap :) I also liked Waiting for Guffaman and A Mighty Wind. Best in Show was okay.

Hey can I still add few Martin Lawrences movies. I liked Black Knight and bb2. :bounce:

craig said:
Generally anything produced or directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, Marty Scorsesee, Frank Copolla (I also like his wine) Stanley Kubrick and Spike Lee. .

Wow, lotsa differences on this thread; I pretty much avoid anything by spike lee.

Watched my favorite comedy last night on tv with my boys, "Dumb & Dumber." You know you have a good one when you can watch it over and over and still laugh, even knowing what's coming.

Oh Dumb & Dumber is a classic. :D

"-You're it.
-You're it.
- You're it, quitsies! "

:LOL:

Niki said:
Oh Dumb & Dumber is a classic. :D

"-You're it.
-You're it.
- You're it, quitsies! "

:LOL:

Niki, there are so many hilarious parts of that movie, I can't even begin to list a favorite. But at the top are:

When the cop pulls them over and thought they were drinking

"SOoooo... you're saying I HAVE a chance!!"

"Well what was all the '1 in a million' stuff??"

"Let's throw another SHRIMP on the barbee!"

"Our birds HEADS are falling off!!"

etc... what a movie. Like they thought a sequel could even come close ;)

Bokeh said:
etc... what a movie. Like they thought a sequel could even come close ;)

Good call, should be added to the worst movies list!!!

It seems like so far Shawshank Redemption has been on many lists. Never heard of anyone that hasn't like it actually :roll:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back