Name your top 5 favorite movies

I use to manage a cult video shop and still have strong ties to it and often fill in when they need the help. They get thier new release on Fridays before the release date and I get the picks of the litter for free. 8)

Bokeh said:
Big Mike said:
I think I heard 2005...but I'm not sure. Should be easy to dig up.

Holy cow, Nov 2005 - that's way far away :(

http://movieweb.com/movies/film.php?531

Do you think they will continue making the movies for the whole set of HP books? There will be seven books when all is said and done. I think they will...just because there is tons of money to be made. The problem is that the books are getting longer and harder to make into movies and the actors are getting older.

I heard somewhere that Daniel Radcliffe (?) didn't want to continue being HP because he didn't want to be typecast for the rest of his life...but it's hard to turn down such successfully movies...especially if the whole cast returns every time...minus the ones that die :(

mygrain said:
I use to manage a cult video shop and still have strong ties to it and often fill in when they need the help. They get thier new release on Fridays before the release date and I get the picks of the litter for free. 8)

Nice

Big Mike said:
mygrain said:

Nice

Dude, I'm addicted to movies...they have to let me have them otherwise id get medieval on thier azz. :wink: :D

Big Mike said:
Do you think they will continue making the movies for the whole set of HP books? There will be seven books when all is said and done. I think they will...just because there is tons of money to be made.

60 minutes had the lady that created those books on their show several years ago - BEFORE the movies were even made. She was obscenely wealthy. It was an intersting story because she was a single mom who was dirty poor and had to take the bus everywhere, and she said she wrote stories while on the bus. I love stories like that.

So.. just IMAGINE how wealthy she is 3 phenominally successful movies later... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bokeh said:
So.. just IMAGINE how wealthy she is 3 phenomenally successful movies later... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, JK Rawlings is loaded. Her story is very inspiring. Single mother, writing on the bus & in coffee shops. She is probably the most successful children's author of all time now. The best part is that the success of Harry Potter made millions of kids (young & old) turn off the TV and video games (even just for a while) and pick up a book.

That said, there are a lot of people getting rich from those movies besides the author.

I can't wait for the next HP book, but I agree that I am nervous about how they are going to adapt these longer books into movies. I have a feeling that #4 will be the last for this particular cast of kids.

Not to get off topic, but I just finished watching Adaptation about 5 minutes ago...wtf? I've never seen a movie that mocks itself in so many ways. You think it's serious, then...wtf? LOVED IT!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back