Narrowing down my camera search... help?

I'm trying to figure out what the big differences in the Nikon d3200, d3300 and d5200 are. I'm looking for a good camera like these but not sure what one to really go with. They seem to be in the same price range and do most of the same things. Anyone have suggestions or tips?

My best advice, whichever model you decide to go with, consider buying refurbished to save money for all the other gear you're going to need/want. There are great deals out there on refurb equipment and I can say based on experience (I have bought 2 refurb bodies and several used/refurb lenses) that you really can't distinguish them from brand new. Also, if you shop around, some sites will expand the 90 day refurb warranty to a full year which is what you get with a new body so not really much of a risk factor. The last refurb body I bought had under 100 shutter count when it arrived.

That was awesome advice. I was actually coming on here to ask that specific question. Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy GOOD quality used equipment?

I have used Cameta, Adorama, B&H and Keh to buy used and refurbished gear. All are well known and reliable but Cameta is the one that extends the warranty to a full year on refurbs so I check them first.

^^ same recommendations as SquarePeg
I've also bought from Cameta.com my d600 and a few other various things.
Adorama.com
keh.com
bhphotovideo.com
Those have good return policies which make purchasing them online a very good experience.

You may also want to try your local camera shop too.

Most reactions

Back