Nascar Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_f2.8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I have been on here. Lately I have been filming HS lax. Now race season is approaching so Ill post some photos when I get time.

I was at Dover and Pocono, CC is appreciated

Attachments

• $image-793464774.jpg
    $image-793464774.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 151
  • $image-2670747692.jpg
    $image-2670747692.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 185
  • $image-2842550092.jpg
    $image-2842550092.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 154
  • $image-1582306622.jpg
    $image-1582306622.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 143
  • $image-2225376362.jpg
    $image-2225376362.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 156
  • $image-496094796.jpg
    $image-496094796.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 155
  • $image-1470347650.jpg
    $image-1470347650.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 155
  • $image-1132138063.jpg
    $image-1132138063.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 190
  • $image-408648780.jpg
    $image-408648780.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 156
  • $image-3494070060.jpg
    $image-3494070060.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 143
  • $image-675412620.jpg
    $image-675412620.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 141
  • $image-3659881876.jpg
    $image-3659881876.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 146
Trim it down to 3-5 images. Too many to render proper C&C.

You got some nice shots, framed well with the camera straight - which I think can be important with sports since there are often posts and poles etc. that can make it noticeable if the camera was straight or not.

You did some nice panning, and I don't know how you managed to capture two cars moving on either side of the Pocono sign like that but I think that effect worked well in that shot.

Only minor critique would be when there's signage in the photo I usually try to frame it so I'm getting an entire word or at least try to not crop thru the middle of a letter - like the Sunoco sign where there's a slight edge of another yellow logo at the left edge, I'd maybe crop the left side just slightly. It would have been nice to frame it above that wall and sign but may not have been possible from your vantage point.

In the other shot with a wall in the foreground I might try a version cropping the bottom edge (to get rid of the lettering in the lower left just keeping most of the N on the right side); or maybe crop the left side very slightly and the bottom enough to eliminate that grate? - not sure if another version would look better or not but with my own photos if I think it could be better cropped I often try different versions and see what works best.

Great pit stop images, and I like the one of the Target crew with the logos across their backs (I might crop the left side slightly too just to maybe make that black dumpster less recognizable). My comments are probably nit-picky but I'm used to shooting hockey with all the dasher ads and backlit signs so am probably aware of noticing background details in my own photos.

I like the one close up shot too, that works I think having the objects featured and the person more subtly in the background. I think behind the scenes photos can give a great feel for an event. I'm not into motor sports - but these make me want to go to a speedway! so you accomplished capturing the event well.

Your first shot of Denny Hamlin is framed well, but the second could have benefitted from a slower shutter speed.

Nice series of average fan type shots. It does show that you are looking around for different angles though, which is the key to getting better.

Thanks Imagemaker but I'm credentialed. I have been hired to shoot everything but F1. We cover 11 drivers and shoot for most sponsors.

I'm by far a Daren Heath or Vladimir Rys but our clients don't have interest in that stuff.

Messing around with shutter speeds, wb and light pockets aren't our thing.

Thanks Imagemaker but I'm credentialed. I have been hired to shoot everything but F1. We cover 11 drivers and shoot for most sponsors.

I'm by far a Daren Heath or Vladimir Rys but our clients don't have interest in that stuff.

Being credentialed has zero to do with these photos or any other photos. They still come across as looking like very average spectator pictures. I know lots of people that end up with credentials to shoot sports that haven't got a clue about how to shoot sports, these people that are given an opportunity to get into areas that no one else can ,and they still shoot average pictures, because they are just average photographers. I'm not directing this at you, I'm just saying credentials don't make people good photographers, in a lot of cases it just gives people a bit of self importance.

Dropping names does that as well, that's something that impresses me even less.

My comments are based completely on what you posted, nothing more and nothing less.

I agree, can you post some of your work?

Honestly, they should be if you're going to provide quality motorsports images.

It's the current market. When JJ won, the sun was perfect for a silhouette shot. I was up high shooting but no one wants that kind of photo. The sponsors want to see their logos, they pay so u do as they say.

No one really cares about start shots anymore, it's a thing in the past.

I'm not a full time pro but I shoot a lot of corporate stuff that sponsors care about. It's a business and its going well. I could spend the whole day for 10-15 amazing photos n get very artistic. The thing is no one cares.

It's the current market. When JJ won, the sun was perfect for a silhouette shot. I was up high shooting but no one wants that kind of photo. The sponsors want to see their logos, they pay so u do as they say.

No one really cares about start shots anymore, it's a thing in the past.

I'm not a full time pro but I shoot a lot of corporate stuff that sponsors care about. It's a business and its going well. I could spend the whole day for 10-15 amazing photos n get very artistic. The thing is no one cares.

Yup, except your posting on a forum full of photographers who do care.

May as well post in the just for fun section next time if you don't want CC on your corporate snapshots....

It's a sports gallery not iPhone grabs. I only shoot on manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back