National Geographic Redwood Portrait by Michael Nichols

RafalWM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I fell in love with this photo and I would really love to get a large image of it from somewhere.

redwood-portrait.jpg

This is something I would like to print myself on a wallpaper type paper, to fill a wall in my living room. It would look fantastic, but I can't seem to find any place that would offer this for sale, even for a non commercial purpose.

I'm located in Europe and I'm thinking of ordering the October 2009 magazine from ebay to try and scan the image for myself. I'm still waiting for a reply from National Geographic...

Maybe someone here has this scanned or a larger version on their computer?

I will be gratefull for any help
smile.gif

No ideas, I just wanted to say I saw that issue at the doctor's office last night. WOW, I would love to have some great gear and shoot those things! I know why you want it, the fold out from the magazine was amazing.

No ideas, I just wanted to say I saw that issue at the doctor's office last night. WOW, I would love to have some great gear and shoot those things! I know why you want it, the fold out from the magazine was amazing.

I wonder if that magizine is still at the doctor's office...;):mrgreen:

BTW:
It is not only an awesome shot, it is also a creative manner in which he chose to show the size of the tree.

I wonder if that magizine is still at the doctor's office...;):mrgreen:
Yeah, funny. Those things are $20 buy it now on eBay, I can see why some folks would be tempted to just take it from an office, but I could never do that (I'm not under the impression that you would either, I'm just saying).

It is not only an awesome shot, it is also a creative manner in which he chose to show the size of the tree.
I agree, I was blown away by it. I guess I should be subscribed to the magazine, then I wouldn't be contemplating getting the issue on eBay like the OP.

Hi, I fell in love with this photo and I would really love to get a large image of it from somewhere.

I'm located in Europe and I'm thinking of ordering the October 2009 magazine from ebay to try and scan the image for myself. I'm still waiting for a reply from National Geographic...

smile.gif

You may have some luck by contacting - Humbolt State University. I think they may have the rights to this photo.

1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521

(707) 826-3011

Here is a link for the contact us page
Contact Us • Humboldt State University

smile.gif

You may have some luck by contacting - Humbolt State University. I think they may have the rights to this photo.

1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521

(707) 826-3011

Here is a link for the contact us page
Contact Us • Humboldt State University

thanks for the info :thumbup:
I'll try with them :)

I have the fold-out from the magazine stuck up on my dorm door. :)

Let us know what they say, how much, etc. I imagine it's very expensive.

The majesty of that picture is amazing. It didn't quite hit me until I saw the people in the trees, that these things are massive!

Most reactions

Back