National Kidney Foundation Kidney Walk

Sammie_Lou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, everybody. I know I haven't been around here lately and most of you probably don't remember me from when I was hanging out here quite a bit, but I just wanted to stop in and tell you guys about an event that I'm participating in. I'm walking in the National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo on May 20th. My 9 year old brother, Tommy, was diagnosed a little over a year ago with a rare kidney disease called MPGN Type 1, which will affect him for the rest of his life. The National Kidney Foundation is working to find a cure and is also doing amazing things for kidney patients in the meantime. They've even sent my brother to "Kidney Kamp", a special overnight camp for kids with kidney diseases where their health is monitored constantly. My family is trying to give back to this awesome organization by helping out with their fundraising efforts. If any of you have anything at all that you can spare to donate, even if it's just $1, it would be SO greatly appreciated. Also, if you're in the Detroit area, we'd love for you to join our team and walk with us. If you raise at least $20 in donations, you get into the zoo before it opens for a special event (and some great photo ops of the animals before the public crowds the zoo!). Sorry to be asking for donations in my first post here in a while. I just wanted to spread the word to as many people as possible. Thanks in advance to anyone who donates, joins our team, or even just took the time to read this!!

http://donate.kidney.org/goto/TommysBigSis

I received a donation from someone anonymously. If it was someone here - thank you!
smile.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back