National Park Trip (Warning: Pic Heavy!)

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey All,

My wife and I just completed an awesome week-long trip to Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde and Grand Canyon National Parks. Although nervous about the weather (with Colorado getting so much rain) we had almost no rain at all and the weather was nearly perfect for tent-camping!

Just like everybody warned me about, photographing the Grand Canyon (or any canyon that we visited) proved challenging. But, I think I managed to get some nice shots that will hopefully put the viewer in the same place as I was when hiking. These aren't all that I took, but the better ones.

Also, my Lowepro was exactly what I needed and held up to some abuse along the way. I hope you all enjoy the photos and any C&C is welcome! And unfortunately, I was unable to do any astrophotography and I had hoped due to cloud cover at night...oh well, next time. Either way, not bad for a kit lens, eh? ;)

Enjoy!

Mesa Verde National Park:
It is the largest archaeological preserve in the United States. The park was created in 1906 by President Theodore Roosevelt, to protect some of the best-preserved cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloan people who lived there between 600 to 1300. [wiki]

$cliff1.jpg
$cliff2.jpg
$cliff3.jpg
$wholecliff.jpg

Grand Canyon:

$kaibabtrail.jpg
$B&Wtrail.jpg
$muleride.jpg
$elkfemale.jpg

Arches National Park:

$delicatearchlandscape.jpg

Canyonlands National Park:

$canyonlands.jpg

And here's one of my wife on our early hike on Kaibab Trail in Grand Canyon:
$tanyamorning.jpg

I remember reading about Mesa Verde years ago and thought about how great it'd be to go there and get some photographs of it. Great to see some awesome photos of it! =-]

Thanks! You HAVE to go if you get a chance...you'll only need to go once to see everything, but it's something unique for sure!

I definitely can't wait to get back to the US. There really are so many different places to see. I'm in a very rural part of England atm, husband being in the USAF. We haven't had a chance to see very much yet.

I definitely can't wait to get back to the US. There really are so many different places to see. I'm in a very rural part of England atm, husband being in the USAF. We haven't had a chance to see very much yet.

I hear that! But, I'm sure there's a lot of nice things to shoot out where you are, right? I'm sure once you get to exploring you'll be snappin' away! I look forward to seeing what you get (being in another country and all).

Just in case I don't get to see some of these (and other) places with my own eyes, I enjoy seeing them through other folks lenses. Thank you and nice job.

Just in case I don't get to see some of these (and other) places with my own eyes, I enjoy seeing them through other folks lenses. Thank you and nice job.

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I'm sure you'll get to visit all of these places at some point!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back