Natural Portrait

bill04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys...

I'm doing a shoot for someone tomorrow. Basically it's a quit portrait. It's in an office, but I'll go outside also.

Got any tips? I'll be using a hotshoe flash, d80, 50mm 1.8 (also have 18-200vr)

If I'm in the office building, any quick tips for best flash? Should I let it be on auto, or should I manually set the flash power. Deflect?

Outside... fill flash tips?

Anything you could give me would be great,

Thanks,

Bill.

Use the flash off camera for fill in of sunlight, or the key if it's overcast. start at 1/4 power and adjust accordingly.

for the indoor, use the flash off camera, bounce it off a wall for soft light with a direction.

Watch out for some of the office lighting problems such as a green or other colour hue from fluorescent or vapour lights that distorts skin colour. Also very top down directional lighting from overhead can emphasize baldness and create shadows around the eyes and in the neck area.

skieur

Watch out for some of the office lighting problems such as a green or other colour hue from fluorescent or vapour lights that distorts skin colour. Also very top down directional lighting from overhead can emphasize baldness and create shadows around the eyes and in the neck area.

skieur

Right, so using gels to balance the lighting would be key!

Most reactions

Back