Naval Ship on Ohio river

z06-jim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The USS LST-325 was docked at the river front today in downtown Paducah, Ky on the Ohio River.
It is a 2366-ton LST-1 class tank landing ship that they were giving tours on.
Canon 5DII & EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS
Processed using Photomatix, CS4, & NIK Viveza
C&C welcome...

524610689_5Y7NK-L.jpg

Last edited:
great picture man!

WOW... I love the ropes! it gives the photo such an awesome look to it.
I also really like the color of the sky, boat, and water, it all kind of flows together

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting the original unedited photo? I'm very new to this and would love to see a before and after. Thanks!

First off, great pictures! Second, is it a real HDR (did you take 3 differently exposed pictures), or did you take one, PP using different exposures, then combine in Photomatix?

I think it looks great, but the only thing I would change is how centered the boat is. Because ofthe depth of the foreground, it has more visual weight on the bottom half of the frame, but in reality, the boat is dead center in the frame. If it were more to the top or bottom, and left or right, I think it would be much stronger. You could maybe just crop some sky out. I'm also not a fan of the half of a saw horse on the right edge, which I'm sure you couldn't move. I love the leading lines with the ropes though.

WOW... I love the ropes! it gives the photo such an awesome look to it.
I also really like the color of the sky, boat, and water, it all kind of flows together
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting the original unedited photo? I'm very new to this and would love to see a before and after. Thanks!
Thanks....I had to sneak in between the ropes and take the shot pretty quick before they saw me due to the caution tape all around that area to keep people out....:shock:
Here are the three original shots I merged in Photomatix to make the HDR.
Shot at -2, 0, +2 exposures.

525082072_ZPWNu-L.jpg

525082036_Xyeoc-L.jpg

525082101_vBeaM-L.jpg

First off, great pictures! Second, is it a real HDR (did you take 3 differently exposed pictures), or did you take one, PP using different exposures, then combine in Photomatix?
Thank you....I used 3 bracketed exposures (-2 / +2) and processed them in Photomatix...
Check out the post above to see the original shots I used....:D

I think it looks great, but the only thing I would change is how centered the boat is. Because ofthe depth of the foreground, it has more visual weight on the bottom half of the frame, but in reality, the boat is dead center in the frame. If it were more to the top or bottom, and left or right, I think it would be much stronger. You could maybe just crop some sky out. I'm also not a fan of the half of a saw horse on the right edge, which I'm sure you couldn't move. I love the leading lines with the ropes though.
Here's a quick edit. Just cropped it a bit and id a hack job of cloning out the sawhorse.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions....:cheers:
Unforunetely I'm not able to view your edited version....its says 'Content Protected by Owner' on my screen where the picture should be....:confused:
I'm going to try another version using your suggestions this evening and will post it up when finished...:D

That's a beautiful shot. The balance of colors throughout the frame, the lines from the ropes, and the curves in the clouds give it excellent composition.

That is one of the most enjoyable shots I think I have ever seen! Very nice HDR.

That's a beautiful shot. The balance of colors throughout the frame, the lines from the ropes, and the curves in the clouds give it excellent composition.
Thank you....:D

Most reactions

Back