Neat Effect for Manipulations in PS

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
I was scanning my recent manipulations last nite and stumbled upon this technique.. Original:

polapples.jpg

Converted to a Negative:

polaneg2.jpg

Here's another one I did:

polaneg.jpg

I like the blue, but I also like the way the manipulation lines are coming up black.. I thought it was a cool effect. Just wanted to share :)

Hmmm, interesting! I think I've played around like that in PS before, just never printed anything out. :lol:

Have you tried putting a negative into the Daylab? That is also fun and can give you some of this otherworldly effect. :thumbup: You might like what you get! :)

That's on my list of projects to do Terri.. I have a few that I'd like to try. I've already burnt thru all my Time Zero film so I hvae to wait for more to get here. :lol:

Cool. Also try doing this on a duplicated background layer, and then set the blend mode to color. You'll get the colors of the negative, with the feel and texture of the original.

Digital Matt said:
Cool. Also try doing this on a duplicated background layer, and then set the blend mode to color. You'll get the colors of the negative, with the feel and texture of the original.
DOWN, SIMBAH!! :whip: You'll get her kicked off the P-team if she does too much PS'ing. :lol:

Poor Matt....it's in your blood, I fear. :hug:: What will be more fun is if the Polaroid bug bites YOU next! :eyebrows:

sillyphaunt said:
That's on my list of projects to do Terri.. I have a few that I'd like to try. I've already burnt thru all my Time Zero film so I hvae to wait for more to get here. :lol:
Happens in the blink of an eye, doesn't it? ;)

Hehe, sorry Terri, I don't mean to butt in with too much PS stuff here, but hey, she brought it up :p Combining traditional print making with PS is a great idea I think.

Digital Matt said:
Hehe, sorry Terri, I don't mean to butt in with too much PS stuff here, but hey, she brought it up :p Combining traditional print making with PS is a great idea I think.
Aw, you're totally okay, and you know I was teasing I hope. :hug::

Actually one of the best ironies in my life is that one of my fave alternative process heroines, Theresa Airey, is this MAJOR photoshop guru. :lol: She does amazing digital art and talks with great knowledge about everything from color profiling to digital negatives. I could learn a lot about PS from her, if I only had the interest for it. ;) I just like staining my fingertips with chemicals and lithographic inks, it seems. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back