Need a little help nikon d3000

stringa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, i'm after a little advice here. I have a Nikon D3000 camera but i just have the standard 18-55mm lens and the built in flash. Basically i have about £100 to spend on my camera, what would be the best thing to buy with my money? a lens or a flash? or filters? any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

An off-camera flash like the SB600 is an excellent choice, but I would suggest keeping the money in your pocket and shooting a while longer. You may find that for what you're doing, you really want a polarizing filter, or a tripod, or....

Thanks for the responses guys, is there a bit of a cheaper flash out there or would i need to be looking around that amount of money? also i am only just starting out so i need something that is a good all rounder. Thanks

How about the 50mm 1.8d, its a great portraiture lens. Just a possibility

Thanks for the responses guys, is there a bit of a cheaper flash out there or would i need to be looking around that amount of money? also i am only just starting out so i need something that is a good all rounder. Thanks
Please use your shift key when appropriate, like most other forum members do.

Yes, there are less expensive speedlights out there.
Vivitar 285HV Flash 233965 B&H Photo Video

Vivitar DF 383 Series 1 Digital TTL Shoe Mount DF-383-NIK B&H

Bower SFD926N Digital Shoe Mount Flash for Nikon SLR SFD926N B&H

Bower SFD35N Digital Flash for Nikon i-TTL SFD35N B&H Photo

Thanks for correcting me, but i fail to see where i made a mistake? the way i write is probably not 100% gramaticaly correct but i did try to use full stops and capital letters where appropriate.

I would get the 50mm 1.8. Only drawback on the 3000 is that it won't autofocus. There is also the 35mm 1.8 that will autofcous on the 3000 but the 50mm is a better choice IMO.

Thanks for correcting me, but i fail to see where i made a mistake? the way i write is probably not 100% gramaticaly correct but i did try to use full stops and capital letters where appropriate.

He was talking about your use of "I" and capitalization of the first letter of the first word in the sentence.

He was talking about your use of "I" and capitalization of the first letter of the first word in the sentence.

But was there really any reason to bring me up on it? i've never been on a forum where i am made to feel stupid when all i wanted was some advice. I guess i'll just go back to a forum where i cn spk lyk dis yo.

I didn't correct you. I made a request. I even said "Please".

You only get one chance to make a first impression and establish a perception of credibility.

I didn't correct you. I made a request. I even said "Please".

You only get one chance to make a first impression and establish a perception of credibility.

No, you made me feel stupid. Can you honestly say that the way i wrote really needed correcting?.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back