Need a macro lens for my Nikon D200

momo3boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a 'new' to me Nikon D200. I have two lenses for it but I still have to use my cybershot for close ups. What would be a good lens for macro? and how much do they cost?

They are all nice and sharp. You'll pay more for extra features like vr, etc. Prices can range from low $200's to $1000+ depending on brand, build quality, features, focal length, etc. I like my tokina atx pro d 100mm f2.8 macro which you can find used/new for around $350-450+. When you can find one that is.

Also since your d200 can meter ais lens and when shooting macro most use manual focus, you could save a ton of money by going with an older ais/manual focus macro lens.

It's ugly but only 76 bucks!

Nikon Manual Focus 55 F2.8 MICRO AIS (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS STANDARD ANGLE LENS - KEH.com

Last edited:
Are you considering manual focus lenses, or only AF?

Seeing as its primarily for macro I guess manual would work, but I'm not sure I trust my eyes all the time. That old lens doesn't look THAT ugly! Lol

They are all nice and sharp. You'll pay more for extra features like vr, etc. Prices can range from low $200's to $1000+ depending on brand, build quality, features, focal length, etc. I like my tokina atx pro d 100mm f2.8 macro which you can find used/new for around $350-450+. When you can find one that is.

Also since your d200 can meter ais lens and when shooting macro most use manual focus, you could save a ton of money by going with an older ais/manual focus macro lens.

It's ugly but only 76 bucks!

Nikon Manual Focus 55 F2.8 MICRO AIS (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS STANDARD ANGLE LENS - KEH.com
:thumbup:

That old lens doesn't look THAT ugly! Lol
Who cares what it looks like if it can get the job done.

Unfortunately today's digital camera's aren't really set up to do manual focusing. They don't have the focus screen focusing aids, like a split prism circle, older cameras had.

But, it's pretty easy to change the focusing screen: Nikon D200 Focusing Screen - KatzEye Optics

Most reactions

New Topics

Back