Need a nice budget friendly camera for my travels

azamato

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys

First of all I hope I'm in the right sub to ask this question, if not please forgive me.

My story is basically this; I'm going to Asia in about 3 weeks and I'm gonna see lovely places and people. Ofcourse I would like to take lots of pictures to keep for memories and to show everyone. I went hiking in Scotland last month and it was beautiful, I use an iPhone 6 as my everyday camera for moments like these but I feel my pictures don't do it justice since it's so pretty in real life but just looks "meh" on my iPhone pics..

So I want to have really nice pictures that show off the beauty of my travel destinations. And it's nice not to worry about my iPhone battery all the time. But the thing is, I'm on a low budget.. In euro's my budget is around €360. Because I'm not a photographer nor is it my hobby.. I don't travel THAT much too so I just need it ocassionaly that's why I don't want to spend a lot of money on it I'm just a student.

I've been looking for some options and I've found some good looking camera's but I would like to have someone who knows more about this kind of stuff to help me out with my best choice.

These are the camera's I've been looking at.

Canon Powershot SX540 hs €322

Nikon Coolpix B500 €279

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ72eg €299

I know these aren't DSLR's or whatever but they fit in my budget. I kinda like the looks of them so "it's too big" doesn't really matter for me I like that kind of camera.

There is a Panasonic GF7 which is €400 it's too expensive but I really like how it looks tho.. I'm still hesitating about that but I don't think I'll go for it since it's too expensive. But this kind of look is really beautiful in my opinion.

So what do you think guys? Which one of those is the best? Also do you have other recommendations?

The purpose is to photograph landscapes, buildings, streets, people, animals, monuments, temples, ... you know the usual tourist stuff.

Thank you guys in advance.

You don't mention where in Asia. Have you considered setting up a rental and picking up the camera when you get there?

You don't mention where in Asia. Have you considered setting up a rental and picking up the camera when you get there?

South Korea - Japan - Hong Kong

And no I want to have it as my own for future trips and events.

The image quality of the fierst three camera's will not be very different.
The GF7 is better than all this superzooms.
You could also take a look at the Panasonic TZ70 (ZS50).
A good travel zoom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back