need a opinions from wise photographers

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im 16 and dont have much experience with a camera but here are a few photos ive taken just fiddleing around in my town. comments and help would be very appreciated.

IMG%5D
2Woods.jpg

IMG%5D
3Dash.jpg

IMG%5D

1Hedge-1.jpg

can anyone see these? im at school and im going off a proxy and i think thats why they arent working. sorry

they showed up twice.....but the pictures seem like pictures i guess, decent composition in the first one, the colors are faded and its over exposed, just need to work on your basics.

okay, yes after looking at some of the beautiful pictures people put on here, it really humbles my photography but i also want anyone to comment on the subject material/creativity.

In the first one, the location isn't bad, but the water is very over exposed and blown out.

With two mostly I am just unsure of what I am supposed to be looking at, as it is very busy. It is also slightly blurry.

The third looks like a nice location as well, but would be better if taken outside the car - on a day with better lighting.

I like the tree and vines one, but I recommend doing a sharpening pass on it. It will really make it pop. In photoshop do smart sharpen... 75%, 1.2 pixels probably.

The one with the bottle in the woods near the water is interesting. I think the bottle itself might have been intriguing but it is kind of lost. Might be better to get it further forward in the scene, and perhaps take the picture from down lower. (I agree with the other technical comments on the photo that need a bit of work, but figured I would comment on the composition as well)

Pictures from inside a car tend to not do it in most cases. Certain situations can work well, but it has to be special.

Keep at it. Shows some promise.

thank you so much manaheim. im sad to say i do not have photoshop but i will definitly save up for it.

I agree that you should save up for an SLR and maybe some lenses instead of photoshop. Gimp works great. As for the photos, they lack in composition. Number 1 has potential, but it needs a lot of exposure, cropping, contrast, and saturation work. Number 2 and three just look like snapshots.

I agree here, your photos do show some promise just read all you can in books and the net about composition ( rule of thirds e.t.c ) and just everyday basics of photography and shoot as much as you can. If you dont understand something or get lost just post a thread and im sure we'll help out :-D keep it up dude

- Mike.

Most reactions

Back