Need A Printer...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been asked to shoot an event in Daytona Beach next weekend, and the client wants me to be able to print out photos so people can purchase them the day of the event; think of the Flume ride at Disneyland. Anyway, I've never actually done anything like this, and I don't have a printer; at least not one I would want to rely on for something like this.

I'm looking for recommendations in the $300-$400 range; something mildly robust that will love through three days of printing.

Muchos grassysass...

I happen to have, in my closet, a HP Photosmart C4385 all-in-one printer. wifi with 802.11g. built in card reader for XD, MS/DUO, SD-MMC, and CF cards.
not a pro printer, but certainly not a bad little printer. it yielded some pretty good results. (got replaced with a nicer Epson printer)
ONLY thing it is missing is the plastic piece on the bottom that helps feed the paper. the paper sizing slider is still there.

anyway, If you think it will be sufficient for you needs, you can have it for the cost of shipping and a box. and maybe a six pack of Amstel Light, if that isn't pushing it.
If you are looking for a higher grade printer, i suspect pretty much any "photo" printer in the $300-$400 price range would probably suffice.
wouldnt blame you for wanting a $400 printer instead....just throwing it out there.

Wow, man, that's a very generous offer. Thank you!

My big concern here is regarding ink. How pricey is the ink for that printer? Then again, if I'm not buying a printer, that's less of a concern.

Lemme' look at some stuff on the web. My brother and I are going to need a decent photo printer, and he's certainly leaning towards buying something new (warranty considerations).

I'm in St. Augustine. If it's all the same to you, I would just drive down there one day next week and pick it up. The event starts on Thursday, and I'll be out of town until Monday evening. How's Tuesday work for you?

Wow, man, that's a very generous offer. Thank you!

My big concern here is regarding ink. How pricey is the ink for that printer? Then again, if I'm not buying a printer, that's less of a concern.

Lemme' look at some stuff on the web. My brother and I are going to need a decent photo printer, and he's certainly leaning towards buying something new (warranty considerations).

I'm in St. Augustine. If it's all the same to you, I would just drive down there one day next week and pick it up. The event starts on Thursday, and I'll be out of town until Monday evening. How's Tuesday work for you?

I dont remember what the cost of ink was for this printer... i want to say $40ish? maybe a little more by now.
im on shift Tuesday. i will be home Wednesday around 0700...ish, so anytime after that will be fine. or you can pick it up Monday evening, if its not too late.
take a look at some web stuff and let me know what you and your brother decide. you have some time still, and I don't think the printer is going anywhere.
really though, I wont be at all offended if you guys decide to go buy a better printer. $300-$400 is a pretty nice printer budget. I was just offering in case it was suitable for your needs and would save you from buying a new printer for one job.

whatever you decide, its fine. just let me know if you plan on stopping by and ill get you my address.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back