Need advice on buying a DSLR Camera Ebay or official

carlitos_30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

I need advice about the purchasing of a DSLR camera. My budget is about 400-500 dollars. I have read some reviews and I liked the Nikon D3200. In my country it costs $500. It's a bit expensive for me but it looks like a good entry level camera.

Searching in Ebay, I have found a very attractive offer. The dealer gives a lot of things for almost the same price (including the shipment and taxes for my country). Here is the link:

Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera 3 Lens Kit 18-55mm Lens + 32GB Best Value Bundle

In the other hand, the camera that I can buy in my country only include the camera itself and a VR lens:

Nikon Chile | Reflex | D3200

Reading some reviews from the Ebay dealer in Amazon, some people complains that the lens doesnt fit the camera or that the lens is a cheap one. None especify if the lens is a fake one.

Some complaints:

"The camera is 5 stars, but literally none of the extra parts (lenses, filters, the flash, everything) fit for this camera. When you get this package you are getting the basic Nikon d3200 with no warranty and a bag. Super disappointing."

"If you are getting this package for the lenses, don't even think about it. They are not compatible with the camera. Everything else is fine, but I'm super upset the lenses don't fit the camera."

What do you think?

And, do you think the Nikon d3200 is a little old because it was released on 2012?

I'm a complete noob in photography.

Thanks for your help.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Most of the stuff in the package is crap!
Get the camera in your home country.

Outside of the camera, lens and (maybe) the memory card, you're getting crap.

The tripod will be crap. The screw-in lenses will be crap. The cleaning kit will be crap. The filters will be crap. The flash will be crap. The remote will be crap. The card reader will be crap.

So why pay for a bunch of crap?

Half of what is shown in the 'fabualous' kit is already included by Nikon with the camera. They make it sound like they're giving you the battery, the strap, the charger, the eyepiece cover, the lens caps....

Buy the camera and lens from a reputable dealer, and save your money for real gear. These assembled kits are nothing more than a sales gimmick designed to separate the uninitiated from their money.

Like the others I don't recommend the Ebay bundle, it really isn't a good value. The biggest advantage to buying from Nikon in Chile is that you're camera will come with a full warranty, which is well worth it over the cheap junk you'll get in addition to the camera with the Ebay bundle.

The D3200 is a great choice, it's a very capable camera and takes fantastic images. You'd be very hard pressed to find a better camera in that price range.

Thanks very much for your advice.

No problem at all, happy to help. My first camera was a D5100 - I then upgraded to the D5200 which has a very similar sensor to the one used in a D3200. I was always very happy with the image quality, it really is first rate.

Most reactions

Back