Need advice on my Minolta

navyma21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Minolta DiMage 7 that I've placed ads for on my local CL because I'm looking go get something more "point and shoot" because the Minoltas shots about 3/4 of the time come out blurry or unfocused and its starting to drive me crazy! Someone has already responded to my ad but he wants to trade either a hp photosmart 417 or a canon dvd camcorder..I'm leaning more towards getting money from my minolta and going to pick out something on my own. what do you think of the HP? would it be a good deal or should I just try to take the money that I sell the camera for and go shopping around?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know what would be best for you to do...but I wanted to say that if you are getting shots that are "3/4 of the time come out blurry or unfocused"...it's most likely user error...and not the camera. A little bit of basic photography understanding should really help you out.

thank you,

thats why I was planning on just getting a "point and shoot" I love the DiMage its just not what I need. Would you recommend an HP ?

To tell you the truth...there are so many 'digi-cams' out there...that I don't really pay attention anymore. Just about anyone is as good as another. However, I would certainly recommend that you stick with a good brand name. HP is a good name, but not really in the photography world. I would lean towards a Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony (Minolta), Olympus, etc.

As with any camera purchase, it would be best to go into a store and get your hands on the different models. Pick the one that feels good to you.

Awesome! thank you very much

Most reactions

Back