What's new

Need advice on photo ops for Glacier Nationl Park please

Ick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Loveland, CO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have never been to Glacier national park, I'm going the 3rd and 4th week in September and am needing some advice on where to go for some killer photo ops. I have a high clearance 4x4 to get to those hard to reach places.

Thanks!
 
Most places I can think of are not accessible by vehicle. Get ready for lots of hiking.
 
I love to hike, which spots do you have in mind?
 
Crypt Falls
Grinnell (glacier, there is an overlook along the trail)
Hidden Lake
Garden Wall

If you are an experienced hiker try going off the beaten path a bit. Avoid hiking tours. You will get the same shots that everyone gets.
 
be sure to go to two medicine too. also avalanche lake here is a shot of it

6060845046_6af88ce206_b.jpg
 
WOW, thanks, looks awesome! Can't wait to go!
 
I agree with the aforementioned and will add the obvious, Lake Macdonald. While Lake Macdonald might be one of the most over photographed places in the park, I have only seen a handful of pictures that are "amazing". The many glacier area of Glacier is amazing to photograph. Also if you have a lens for night photography, this is a great chance for it. I think Glacier is amazing but I think the area around it is overlooked, especially if you have the ability to 4x4 into them. Try Ten Lakes, Jewel Basin, Hungry Horse...etc. Enjoy. If you have any other type questions, I live right near Glacier, let me know.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom