Need advice quite quickly!

tailz03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm doing an 18th birthday party in a club tonight (about an hours time from now) and im just wondering what the best ISO will be? I am using:

Canon 5d mark II
Canon 350d
Canon Speedlite 430ex
70-200mm lens
35-105mm lens
50mm lens
18-55mm lens

The last time i did one of these i only owned the 350d and 18-55mm lens so my iso was high with lots of noise. Im so used to being in a studio i kind of forgot about the fact im going to be in a dark night club!

I would say the lowest ISO that will allow a shutter speed sufficiently fast for what you are trying to achieve with a given photograph.

I'm not sure how you determine the "best" ISO. It is a balance between aperture, shutter speed and ISO given your lighting and objectives for the shot. If you're shooting in low light you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere.

I'm doing an 18th birthday party in a club tonight (about an hours time from now) and im just wondering what the best ISO will be?
How much light is there in the club?
Since you usually shoot in a studio you have a light meter?

thanks for the replies guys but it was too late, i was already done :) As i expected light was abysmal, it was almost impossible to get the lighting correct! ah well trial and error i guess!

Hi, Next time take 2 flash heads and have a friend hold one somewhere else in the room to light behind what your shooting. The other one on your camera. Then you'll get a lot of dimension.

Most reactions

Back