Need Advice...

heren

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All TPF members,

I am new to TPF and also new to the photography field. But i love photography and i take pictures too, but haven't tried to post it any where since it was not of much good quality, i have a camera "Sony - 7.2 megapixel".

I hereby, request you give me your suggestion to purchase a good camera with all the specifications, i love photography on landscapes and nature.

Also, i am not an expert in photography. just a beginner, so that please give me you advice on studying more on photography.

With hopes and regards,
Herenkumar. K

First question would be:

Bridge Camera or DSLR?

From there we can proceed...

i'm using D70s, it's great for my hobby.
I think the D90 is great too./ NIKON.

Hi IlSan,

Thankyou for your quick reply. I am not much familiar with the camera stuffs, but what i have heard is Bridge camera is better than DSLR. I need your help on this. to make the correct selection.

with hopes and regards,
Herenkumar K

Hi rangerman,

Thankyou for youre reply. I will check on the details and the price of the camera you specified, let me see whether the budget is there. Keep in touch. Also, if you have any tips regarding photo capturing technique please share with me.

with hopes and regards,
Herenkumar K

Would not say that a bridge camera is better, it all depends on what you are aiming for getting out of the camera?

It is quite difficult advising on this without knowing the most fundamental of answers - what do you want to get out of the new camera?

If it is just to bumb up the mega pixels and add a few semi-manual functions, then yes, I would personally advice to go for a bridge camera.
If however you really want to get into photography, learn about the fundamentals of it...full manual mode...and be able to change lenses, then you will need to go for the DSLR variety...

Hi IlSan,

Yes, I aiming to be a professional photographer and i see from your suggestion DSLR is the one which i need. I like photography on the landscape and natural beauty. Looking forward on more suggestions from you.

with hopes and regards,
Herenkumar K

Used CANON EOS 40D $600 if you shop Ebay.com Loved mine and sold it to a good friend that was looking to get into photography for $600 he is doing GREAT with it! I would take a used $600 D series camera over a new $600 rebel XSI that's just me... Rebels feel like toys after you are used to build quality, size and feel of a EOS D series DSLR.

Last edited:
Yes, in that case go for a DSLR

In regards to which one - as you can see for yourself, everyone has their own preference on this.
I myself prefer to use the Sony A700 (have it since 2 1/2 years now, enjoy using the Canon 5D Mark 2 aswell for landscape / seascape) or the smaller version, the A200...but as I said, best is to read many reviews, read many posts in here to get a feel what each camera can/can't do, specs, personal reviews, etc...that is honestly the best advice I can give.

Thankyou very much for all your valuable informations.
Keep in touch..

Most reactions

Back