Need advise

Jiten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I am a beginner and looking to purchase a DSLR . Can some one advise me on pros and cons between Canon EOS1200D,NIKKION D3300 and Sony Alpha A58m. Which one should I go for? or any other suggestions Please ? Many Thanks

I don't really like the Snapsort comparisons. They're good for comparing features (e.g. this camera has WiFi and the other one doesn't), but not much more helpful than that.

Watch DigitalRev TV's comparative review, between the Nikon D3300 and the Canon EOS 1200D:

I honestly don't know much, if at all, about the Sony A58.

Why don't you look at compact system cameras, too? If you don't want to shoot sports and action, they'll give you pretty much the same quality and capabilities in a smaller and lighter package. The Sony NEX-5T is one camera in particular that comes to mind at the low end of the spectrum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replies and help guys.

In my opinion, Nikon has the edge in ergonomics and image quality. Canon has the edge with advertising and self promotion but, I chose Nikon a long time ago and really haven't looked back.

I'm one of the people that uses a Windows computer because there is more support and products even though the Mac is a better system for manipulating photos and video. I chose Nikon basically for the same reason - picked the features I wanted - the price I could pay and then went with Nikon because of the support. Groups like Nikonians helped to make the decision.

Most reactions

Back