What's new

Need an Opinion - Quick! :)

Which one has more of an impact?

  • Angels in the Architecture

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fire Escape

    Votes: 23 71.9%

  • Total voters
    32
I do actually like that edit quite a bit. It highlights the contrast between the angel and the drippy lines and seems to present more of a commentary than the original shot did. There's also a bit more depth to the colors now.

I see what you mean about the angles, shadows, and contrast of the fire escape as a cliche overall, but considering the context of architectural shots, I thought the subject of the first one was more cliched.
 
Great edit on #1, definitely makes it stronger.

Still, precisely because #2 is more cliched, because of the fact it's going to an arts fair, it becomes the better choice. People wander through looking for things they can connect with, and #2 has this appeal. (That said, I've about given up trying to predict what people will like.) :razz:
 
I'd put the two on a seperate layer in Photoshop at 50% opacity, merge them together, and call it artistic.

Or go with #2. It's interesting. #1 is very plain
 
Following the theme, number one is the only one that fits. Number two, the stairs are the focal point. Metal exterior stairs at that. Not very architechury.... IMO
 
Down to the wire - the second one seems to have more impact, the first seems more subtle since there's similarity in tone in much of the gray and brick.

It almost looks as if it's not quite straight but I think it might be the perspective (or it's the building! from that vantage point anyway) - if it was adjusted so the top lines appeared straighter (straightened towards the left) the pattern of the brick down the right side would probably look even less straight.

The second one has much more interesting pattern but might have too much of a good thing, a lot of lines. I like the use of light and shadow.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom