Need Critique on Weekend shots

livingandart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if people would mind giving me some input on on a photo that i took this weekend. I'm looking for what you like, what could be changed,what you think of the composition, how i might edit it better, etc. Here they are:
IMG%5D

IMG%5D

bugelbugupclose-1.jpg

IMG%5D
IMG%5D

Thanks!

The first one looks a little strange. It has strange hallows and the colors look oversaturated. The subject matter could be interesting but it doesn't appear to be in sharp focus, and the angle and cropping aren't great.

The second one has real potential. I like the black and white, with the subject matter of the rocking chair. It has a very old fashion feel to it. The composition could use some work though. The leaves in the foreground are distracting. If you kept the rocking chair off center but didn't get the leaves in the shot it could be great. This photo also appears to lack sharp focus though.

Thanks! I know that I need to work on my focusing technique. I use manual focus but I am quite blind which makes it rather difficult to know whether it's completely in focus. The first one definitely had some issues in photoshop. The halos around the plants came from me trying to sharpen the image in post. I think I shall stick with the original as it seems to be more down to earth and less fake. Thanks for the input!

Oh, and this was the original that I was talking about
20080724_0305.jpg

I think it's a lot better than the crazy edited one! lol

I'm using a Nikon D50 with a Tamron 28-300mm 1:2.5-6.3 lens. I thought about using auto focus (to aid with the poor vision thing) but I have found it so hard to use auto focus with fast moving objects (the bee). Perhaps I should just focus on the still object and the moving object (bee) would be in focus if I auto focus near the right spot? I'm still so new at this! I'm hoping I'll get the swing of it at some point. Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Back