Need for speed

GrAsS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"If at first you dont succeed.. Try again" One of the best advices ever i can add.. Especialy for this kind of photography..

Sticking my head out the window of a car thats moving way faster then allowed in most country's.. To get that one shot where everything in the frame seems just right..

This is the result of some windy hours trying to snap of a good looking action shot, while hanging out of a speeding car..

3_TopSport1Dark_1.jpg

My hair was all messed up after this though.. But im deffinitly doing it again soon..

The image has been treated in photoshop, popped the cars color, took out some color in the background and i also flattened the color of the road to get that "isolated" look. Shot was taken with a Canon eos 20D, fitted with a 17-40/4.0 zoomed out to the max. Shutter speed was around 125th at 200 iso

Nice shot! Next time you mess up your hair ;) try to leave less space behind the car and more in front. I think it would work better this way... IMHO

Went for this on purpose actualy. I thought about doing a shot as where it looked like the car was racing INTO the frame.

But in the end i liked the shot where it looked like the car was about to exit the frame better. Guess it looked more dynamic to me.

Went for this on purpose actualy. I thought about doing a shot as where it looked like the car was racing INTO the frame.

But in the end i liked the shot where it looked like the car was about to exit the frame better. Guess it looked more dynamic to me.

I agree :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fantastic shot there. The post-processing you did on it is simply stunning; it makes the car pop out hugely, but also keeps the photo looking lifelike. The shutter speed is perfect, and the car looks stunning even though a Seat Leon (I think) isn't great in itself. Honestly, that is a truly fantastic photograph.

Just one thing, though. Your motto. Don't you think it's a bit..... optimistic? I prefer "If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated." :mrgreen: (+5 gaming freak points if you get this)

I prefer "If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated." :mrgreen: (+5 gaming freak points if you get this)

Portal rules! :p

Thanks for the feedback and i agree the Seat Leon on itself isnt great. But this isnt a standard Leon but a Topsport edition. Its an okay car, its not mine though, friend of mine just bought it and he wanted some pics. So yeah :p

I really like this, it is very clean and nice and I like the way the car stands out

Its funny how taste differs on wether the car should be more to the left of the frame or in the right..

I'll post another shot where the car is more to the right of the frame for comparison later on.. First im going to enjoy the weather as it is right now ;)

Thanks for all the good critics and compliments anyway!

Would it being farther to the right make it seem slower (since you'll have more of a view of what's in front of it? Without seeing it, I don't know if that will happen.

The shot is very good, something you'd see in Automobile magazine by their professional crew, or better yet, the advertisement for the car itself!

I think the car is cute. I know guys aren't supposed to like cute cars, but I want one! I want one of those and a Renault Clio (neither of which is available here in the US).

Slower no, but it takes away the illusion that the car is about to be out of sight, because of its speed.. i think.

Most reactions

Back