Need help and opinions

hello

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a beginner at this-completely
I realize the pictures are not good
I just want some opinions and possibly advice on things that could help me get better at taking pictures
I manually set the exposure and edited it....sorry if you think it's under saturated
Flickr: ballstothewallscody's Photostream
thank you in advance

Rather than linking to your Flickr, you'll get more responses if you imbed the images you want C&C on right in your post. No more than 3 to 5 images is recommended, any more and people may not take the time to comment.

To imbed a picture in your post from Flickr, go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to show and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight and select it. Right click on your selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now come back to your TPF (The Photo Forum) post that you want to imbed the image in. Click on the yellow icon above the box (the one that looks like a mini-landscape). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 'http://' in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button.

3402949888_efb946a2aa.jpg

3402954814_9f2737b4df.jpg

3402945274_54bce46d9f.jpg
3402950652_182a5ba219.jpg

These are decent shots. I like the second one the best since it seems to be telling a story or at least conveying a feeling, and the setting is somewhere I wish I had around me to shoot. The others are snapshots, but the're done ok. You need to fix the horizon on 4, and really think about what you're trying to tell/show your viewer. When you have that thing, figure out how to make it look best within the frame. It takes lots of practice, but Samanax has some great links showing how to use composition in your shots that could definitely help. Also use the forum to answer any questions you have regarding photography.

Welcome to the forum!

thank you all for you help

I like all of them except for the church as it is kind of dark and hard to see... maybe try shooting the church when the sky isn't so bright and expose for the building
Yeah i agree the way the light was hitting the church it made the front very dark
eventually i'm going to go back at a different time of the day and try to get a better shot

These are decent shots. I like the second one the best since it seems to be telling a story or at least conveying a feeling, and the setting is somewhere I wish I had around me to shoot. The others are snapshots, but the're done ok. You need to fix the horizon on 4, and really think about what you're trying to tell/show your viewer. When you have that thing, figure out how to make it look best within the frame. It takes lots of practice, but Samanax has some great links showing how to use composition in your shots that could definitely help. Also use the forum to answer any questions you have regarding photography.

Welcome to the forum!
thank you the second one is the one i like the best too

hello hello

I like the pictures youve embedded in your post.
You see compose well - keep it up!

I like the first best, actually. To me, this just screams for a symmetrical composition, with the road in the center. Cliche, I know, but what's wrong with that?
2 and 3 are a little overexposed in places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back