Need help..ASAP!

kygirl79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I'm not a professional by any means, but my husband's band wants me to take some photos for their press kit, etc. Ok, I don't have an external flash...so I'm wondering after I take the pictures how do I get the photos with this type of lighting effect... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116104&highlight=band

Is it in Photoshop or Corel? Is is all lighting? I have a Canon DSLR Rebel with the 18-55 and a 70-300 zoom kit. I'm kinda iffy about taking photos inside right now, but I can do it when they are in the studio during the day.

Can someone please give me some lighting ideas or something? Thanks.

That could be done in photoshop. You could accomplish this with normal daylight as well. The walls probably block the light out nicely.

Find an alley!!

There is definately some lighting assistance there.

As a last resort, you could likely use some reflectors on a day where it is a bit brighter, to help out with the side and under nose shadows. Advanced tone mapping may sometimes help if you bracket (though thats tough to ask people not to move for several seconds as you snap off 3-5 shots from a tripod).

We could give you advice that fills a book, and then on the day you shoot, its a little darker and all our advice is useless. You can add a lot of the effects in Photoshop, but if a pic is blown out or underexposed past a certain amount, there is not much that can be done to save it.

I'd say your kit lens is going to be used a lot more than your zoom... unless you want to take pics from 40 or more feet away on that cropped sensor.

Most reactions

Back