Need help editing a photo

RedRedKrovy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I may be posting in the wrong area, if so feel free to move this. My grandfather passed away and while going through some photos we found one that we dont know who it is of. The crib card can be seen but we can't read it. I'm sure there is some editing of the brightness or contrast or etc. that will make it more readable but I don't know exactly what to do. My own attempts have proved fruitless. Here is a link to it, please give me some advice or if you can do it than that would be great. http://db.tt/KZHyQ8bb It is most likely my mother or one of her siblings, their names are Phyllis, Joyce, Daryll, or Harold. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I can make out Baby (Boy) 8 PM and Porter.

The word after Baby (Boy) ends with a 'y' or 'g'.

Looks like

Baby (Boy) Delivery
1 PM to 8 PM
Porter

Last edited:
I think your right sparky, I could make out the Porter but I couldn't make out the Baby Boy part. Rebecca I meant editing it as in changing the brightness or contrast etc..

My grandfathers last name was Embry so I think the first line reads "baby boy Embry". There is some sort of time written but I'm not sure exactly what it says.

Only reason I ask (not trying to seem rude at all :) ) is bc I love the old photos I wouldn't change the ones I've found in my family lol ;) just glad to have um :)

I was able to get this out of it by adjusting contrast about 10 times...and playing with the sharpening...

embry900.jpg

Yeah. Baby Boy Embrey, then the second line has the time, and I'm guessing the line below that is the birth weight, which looks possibly like 7 pounds, 5 ounces?

Baby Boy Embrey
Born 7 pm
Jan 6
Porter

Photo20Jan200220122023202020PM.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back