Need help finding a studio

Liquid001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, I am new here and fairly new to photography. I have a Nikon D50 and some basic lenses and lighting equipment. I don't really know the terminology or all the different settings on my camera but slowly catching on. I have begun taking photos of models and I need a private studio that I would be able to use/rent in my area. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? It could also be a commercial building or just a vacant house or room. I can bring all props and lighting. I am just having a heck of a time finding shoot locations. Thanks!

Hey everyone, I am new here and fairly new to photography. I have a Nikon D50 and some basic lenses and lighting equipment. I don't really know the terminology or all the different settings on my camera but slowly catching on. I have begun taking photos of models and I need a private studio that I would be able to use/rent in my area. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? It could also be a commercial building or just a vacant house or room. I can bring all props and lighting. I am just having a heck of a time finding shoot locations. Thanks!

Hmm.. well, maybe google "photography studio rent" and then add the name of your town?

Craigslist might be another option, see if anyone has posted something for rent.

I have tried both so far with no luck. I even have a wanted ad up. Will keep digging. Thanks!

Sublet a dance/fitness studio. The owners are usually quite happy to make a little extra money as long as you don't mind working around their schedule.

Locate a realestate rental agent in your area. Lay out your space requirements including the ceiling height and any amenities required, such as restroom, changing room, conference room, etc. and let him go to work.

you could also look at other studios in your area.
we have a local camera shop that has studio space that they rent out.
might be a lot cheaper to rent "as needed" than to have dedicated rent, utilities, and insurance to pay while you build up a client base.

Contact these guys out of Grand Rapids:Home - They advertise on Model Mayhem under studio rentals. You're going to have to expand your radius to include the larger cities and if you've never shot in a studio, I recommend visiting prior to renting (always) to see it in person, know what equipment is on hand and what the set-up is.

Yeah that is what I am looking for. I should have specified that in the first post. Rent as needed space. Thanks I will look around to see if there is a camera shop that will offer to rent out their studio.

Contact these guys out of Grand Rapids:Home - They advertise on Model Mayhem under studio rentals. You're going to have to expand your radius to include the larger cities and if you've never shot in a studio, I recommend visiting prior to renting (always) to see it in person, know what equipment is on hand and what the set-up is.
Thank you for this!!!

Most reactions

Back