Need help help finding Nikon camera for Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG APO HSM lens

Ok, well HSM means it has a built in motor so it will work with pretty much every Nikon body out there, so I guess the question is what sort of pictures are you going to be taking and what sort of budget did you want to work with for the body?

my budget is $ 500 to be honest i don't know what kind of photos will i be taking wildlife sports etc

does it matters if i get full sensor or cmos ccd

my budget is $ 500 to be honest i don't know what kind of photos will i be taking wildlife sports etc

does it matters if i get full sensor or cmos ccd

Well the reason I ask is it will give me a better idea what type of camera body to recommend if I can get some idea what sort of things you'll be using it for - the D300 for example is a well built camera but it is a much older model than a lot of what is available out there. The older sensor is still capable of taking some good pictures under the right conditions, but there are cameras available in your budget range that will give you better lowlight or better image quality, it's a little difficult to know what to recommend without knowing what you sort of pictures you'll be taking or what sort of conditions you plan on using the camera under.

It's also a little odd I guess to spend $4000-$5000 on a lens and then only allot $500 for your camera budget. Ok, sure I've seen stranger but I must admit it's a little curious.

It's also a little odd I guess to spend $4000-$5000 on a lens and then only allot $500 for your camera budget. Ok, sure I've seen stranger but I must admit it's a little curious.
And even more curious "to be honest i don't know what kind of photos will i be taking wildlife sports etc"
I think he should get your camera.. D5200 refurb is only $470 at Cameta. The sensor is great AF should be adequate I guess not knowing what the OP is shooting...

So, you already HAVE a Sigma 500mm f/4.5 lens and you just need a sub-$500 camera body to go with it, so that you can start trying to figure out what to shoot with it??

Tell you what, I'll make it much easier than that. You send me that lens, and I'll send you my Sigma 150-500mm lens AND a D5100 camera body to go with it. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back