Need help pairing a dslr with a lens

flmomx5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've read reviews that the Canon T1i performs poorly in low light, but I also read that the 85mm f/1.8 was a great lens for low light. If I pair them together, should I get decent pics??

Well I'm not completely familiar with the T1i, but I think the lowlight performance it references is probably the ISO quality. If you use a faster lens like a 1.8, then you do get to take advantage of a lower ISO at similar shutter speeds, which will ultimately give you a higher quality image.

Also at 1.8 the auto-focus should perform a little better in low light as well.

performs poorly - compared to what?
get decents pics - compared to what?

Les McCann is a great pianist - Compared to What
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4-mBAC6KA"]YouTube - Compared To What[/ame]

85mm 1.8 i'm sure with give you optimal results compared to a slower, inferior lens.

Last edited:
I've read reviews that the Canon T1i performs poorly in low light, but I also read that the 85mm f/1.8 was a great lens for low light. If I pair them together, should I get decent pics??
Compared to Canon's flagship 1D line, yes the T1i sucks. Can you afford a $5000 1D MkIV?

Compared to a $350 Canon Rebel XS the T1i is a stellar low light performer.

If you want good ISO performance in the price range of the T1i, you should look at Nikon's D90:

Compare cameras

Compared to a $350 Canon Rebel XS the T1i is a stellar low light performer.

OH RLY? :lol:

This thread sucks...compared to a good thread.

OP, I don't think you'll see any appreciable difference in low-light image quality between the T1i and other cameras in its price range, or even below it, unless you're a pixel peeper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back