Need help please :)

bdogg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone I am new here. I am trying to help take photos for my dads website, and I am having big problems. Right now I just use a fuji point and shoot camera. We are considering getting a SLR and some lighting but we don't know what to get. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you look at the photo I've attached the socket on the end appears like a black blob, I need the photo to show that it is actually a socket. The background is a semi-gloss board that I can't get rid of (which causes problems with reflection). Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!

4911-12.jpg

Yep, spend a few dollars, call a pro. By the time you get DSLR, lens, and some lights, you're going to be into it for probably $1500+, then you still have to figure out how to use it. Unless you're going to be doing using it on a regular basis, its probably not worthwhile.

That said, IF you do want to go ahead and try this on your own, a basic DSLR (Canon Rebel, Nikon D40) with kit lens and a couple of Opus Cool Lights should do the job for you.

Diffused light and a tripod. Do not use the built in flash.

Put a large white sheet or paper in front of some lights ... this will create a diffused light that should reduce harsh reflections of light.

The tripod will allow the camera to shoot at a slower shutter speed without camera shake (if your lighting is very bright then you might get away with handholding).

Yep, spend a few dollars, call a pro. By the time you get DSLR, lens, and some lights, you're going to be into it for probably $1500+, then you still have to figure out how to use it. Unless you're going to be doing using it on a regular basis, its probably not worthwhile.

That said, IF you do want to go ahead and try this on your own, a basic DSLR (Canon Rebel, Nikon D40) with kit lens and a couple of Opus Cool Lights should do the job for you.

Thanks for the advice, I think I need to learn how to do it myself, this is an on going project that would be more worth learning, then hiring someone to do it. Plus when I set the studio up I can leave everything in place.. It's just a matter of getting it setup right in the first place.. I have a budget of around $2,000.00 so maybe I can get the gear and someone to teach me how to do it right... Anyone in the san diego area know what they are doing... and think they can help me out??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back