What's new

Need help to see what I did wrong in these 2 pictures

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5,555
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been to the mall today with my princess daughter and I took some nice pictures but these two just didnt came out as nice as the others.
They are not sharp and to me they look slightly out of fucus and I was wondering if you can help me to find out what I did wrong.

I used apature F5, 800 ISO and 1/50 shutter speed and focused at the end of the coridor.

Maybe I should have focused at something closer ?
Maybe I should have used a higher apature number ?
Maybe use a faster shutter speed because maybe the picture isnt sharp because of the relatively lower shutter speed I used on the picture ?

DSC_1264_zps0a18da9e.jpg



DSC_1269_zpsd1d87129.jpg
 
One important piece if missing information is the focal length used (the EXIF data has been stripped off these). My guess is that they are slightly soft because of the low shutter speed. Looking at them carefully it appears that the foreground, especially in #1 is in relatively sharp focus so perhaps your camera wasn't focusing where you wanted it to.
 
The focal length also would affect the optimum shutter speed. If you focus manually, you get maximum coverage focusing about 1/3 of the way into a scene - there is more DOF behind the plane of focus than in front.
 
One important piece if missing information is the focal length used (the EXIF data has been stripped off these). My guess is that they are slightly soft because of the low shutter speed. Looking at them carefully it appears that the foreground, especially in #1 is in relatively sharp focus so perhaps your camera wasn't focusing where you wanted it to.
Focal length was 18
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom