Need help upgrading from XG-1

specialkm01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got out my dad's old Minolta XG-1, I have 2 lenses for it - Vivitar 28-90mm and 35-70mm. I'm new to SLRs and would like to get a more recent body for the lenses. I would like digital if there is anything that will fit these lenses, I just don't know what to get. If any more information is needed, let me know.

I just got out my dad's old Minolta XG-1, I have 2 lenses for it - Vivitar 28-90mm and 35-70mm. I'm new to SLRs and would like to get a more recent body for the lenses. I would like digital if there is anything that will fit these lenses, I just don't know what to get. If any more information is needed, let me know.

No. Sell that stuff and get new stuff, or use it as is.

Sony bought Minolta. I'm not a Sony user, but I do believe that Minolta mount lenses fit the Sony bodies. Go to a nearby camera shop that handles Sony with the lenses and check it out.

Those lense aren't compatible, and won't even mount to the Sony digital unless you can find a very rare and expensive adapter. It's not worth it, though. Sony takes the newer A mount, designed for their auto focus cameras in the mid 80's.

Those lense aren't compatible, and won't even mount to the Sony digital unless you can find a very rare and expensive adapter. It's not worth it, though. Sony takes the newer A mount, designed for their auto focus cameras in the mid 80's.

Thanks, good to know. Like I said, I'm not a Sony user. :D

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Do you want to stick with film? Also, do you want auto everything, auto focus and manual aperture and speed settings, or manual everything?

Would you like to add to what you have or start fresh?

These are a lot of questions I know but the world is a great big place and it's easier to tell you which direction to go if we know where you want to wind up. ;)

Most reactions

Back