need help with my English

"...As for the project of reconstruction and building of a sewerage network for the central part of "the city&#8221; (which we nominated), the water discharge consent is provided by "State's Waters&#8220; a competent public institution. (The project is a separate type < this line doesn't make sense).

Does that make more sense?

Oh thank you thank you thank you!!! That's what I've asking for!

Yeah, That "separate type" project doesn't make sense to me either but I had to write that.

Out of touch today but can correct if you point out where it is insensible.
Lew, the first sentence doesn't fit with what she wrote. I'll use Newtricks's translation.

Other sentences are good,I'll use them... but there are also some words that don't fit-or meaning is changed. That's not up to you, it's up to her and me.

Thank you! You really helped. I'm done :)

Thanks!

I just saw this! I would have been willing to help, but I'm not sure I would have come up with anything useful. The way she wrote that makes my head spin and my head is already spinning from all the legal language I've read this week :confused:

In the future (though hopefully you won't have to deal with her writing again,) is there any way to rewrite it in your language first to simplify are clarify? Are you allowed to do that?

The reason I inquired as to the language this was being translated from is that many of the worlds languages do not literally translate well in to English, for example "El Pollo Loco" literally is "The Chicken Crazy" which for those of us having English as a first language, just doesn't make sense, but "The crazy Chicken" does.

I just saw this! I would have been willing to help, but I'm not sure I would have come up with anything useful. The way she wrote that makes my head spin and my head is already spinning from all the legal language I've read this week :confused:

In the future (though hopefully you won't have to deal with her writing again,) is there any way to rewrite it in your language first to simplify are clarify? Are you allowed to do that?

Oh Leonore,

I know this wasn't an easy task, but we're done! Thank you TPF!

She is just like that, really. When she opens her mouth to tell something I immediately think: Ok here we go! tones of unnecessary words!

Unfortunately I can't rewrite what she writes. For the most people I do that automatically, but no no with her! She made me some big problems at work in the past. We're not even speaking with each other except when we absolutely have to because of the work.

More then 70 views and no replies... I'm asking too much probably... I know that this is not fun... and probably is painful to read this mess...

I got just one proposition on PM! Thank you!

Hi mmaria,
Do not forget that several forum members do not have English as a first language, but second or third instead, like me and several others.
They may read your post and not reply to it due to this obvious issue.

I hope you get your needed feedback.

All my best to you!

Newtricks, I understood why you asked that. I've been translating English since I was a child (some of German also) so I do get differences between meanings.

She was the main issue here. Thank you!

Do not forget that several forum members do not have English as a first language...

I'm mono-lingual (English) with the exception of understanding some Spanish (living in southern California you can't help but start picking it up). I am working on changing that though, got Rosetta Stone for French and Italian. My grandparents immigrated from Palermo to the US in 1900, so I started with Italian.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back