Need help with purchase of lighting kit

vintagetribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello,

I want to take modeling pictures for an online clothing site in an indoor studio. I'm looking to purchase a lighting kit to use with my Canon Rebel DSLR, and would like some advice as to how large of a softbox I need, what wattage the bulbs should be, and how many lights are needed.

Would it be better to shoot a live model in many looks with continuous or strobe lighting?

These are a few that I have looked at: Studio Lighting Continuous 2 Lights Kit 450W Soft Box*::*Photography Equipment*::*TheLaShop

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ePhoto-Digital-Continuous-Lighting-Carrying/dp/B002SCUNKU]Amazon.com: ePhoto 2000 Watt Digital Video Continuous Lighting Kit Light SET with Carrying Case - 2 light stands, 2…[/ame]

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

I would strongly recommend strobes rather than continuous lights, but the number, wattage, and size of soft-box(es) will really depend on the size of the area you want to light. Assuming a decent-size indoor studio, I would look for 3 500 watt strobes a couple of 42" umbrellas and a 36 - 48" softbox as well as a couple of 48" reflectors. That's a very generic set-up. I would pass on the strobes you've linked to, and look to something a little more strongly built. If the budget can stretch, Profoto, or, for the more budget-concious, Alienbees.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back