Need help with rights to photo

Margret Berthel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so someone saw that i have the ps5 and they want me to take a picture with it then sell them the picture for them to use for advertisements. i would be having my friend who has a profressional camera take the photos. the guy from the company is asking how much I should charge for them to own the photo and what I should charge for my time. im really new to this, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated also if I posted in the wrong place sorry about that to lol. i have pics of the convo if that would help. just want to make the smartest decision.

so someone saw that i have the ps5 and they want me to take a picture with it then sell them the picture for them to use for advertisements. i would be having my friend who has a profressional camera take the photos. the guy from the company is asking how much I should charge for them to own the photo and what I should charge for my time. im really new to this, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated also if I posted in the wrong place sorry about that to lol. i have pics of the convo if that would help. just want to make the smartest decision.

You don't have the rights to the photo. Your friend who is going to take the photo is the one who owns the rights. He or she is the one who should get paid for the rights to use the photograph. If you are paid, it would be as a model and you'd sign a release to allow your image to be used in a publication.

You don't have the rights to the photo. Your friend who is going to take the photo is the one who owns the rights. He or she is the one who should get paid for the rights to use the photograph. If you are paid, it would be as a model and you'd sign a release to allow your image to be used in a publication.

okay thank u, so how much is a reasonable asking

I’ve no experience in setting prices but for those that do, they would need to know where this is taking place and how long it would take. Example: 3 hours in New York City will be more expensive than 2 hours in Tennessee.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

Your bigger problem is getting Sony to give you permission to sell photos of their copyrighted products.

Most reactions

Back