Need help with this shot

BlueAngel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

I'm new here & to photography in general & needed help with this shot. I always admired how the pros do it and now I would like to learn how to get this "pro" look. What settings my camera should be in? I have a Canon PowerShot S5 IS digital camera and hope it can do the job.

Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
This photo looks fine to me (except the steering wheel hub is out of focus.)
what is it that you want to do?

This photo looks fine to me (except the steering wheel hub is out of focus.)
what is it that you want to do?

Well, its not my photo. I found it on the net. My question is, how do you get this result? What settings do I need to have my camera in? Sorry for the confusion.

Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.
As first suggestion, if the image is not yours, please do not post it here directly, but put a link to the original (rules here tell this to avoid copyright problems).
One of the components of "pro" look is pro expertise, another one is often pro equipment in terms of camera (and yours is not, unfortunately) and perhaps with most effect, lighting (flashes and other kinds of lights, reflectors, diffusers, gobos, etc). "Pro" look is often coming from a wise use of light. So, the most is lighting setup. DoF in this case is such that you need a small aperture.
Regarding this specific picture, maybe it could also be "just" a good job from a 3d model.

Welcome.
As first suggestion, if the image is not yours, please do not post it here directly, but put a link to the original (rules here tell this to avoid copyright problems).
One of the components of "pro" look is pro expertise, another one is often pro equipment in terms of camera (and yours is not, unfortunately) and perhaps with most effect, lighting (flashes and other kinds of lights, reflectors, diffusers, gobos, etc). "Pro" look is often coming from a wise use of light.
Regarding this specific picture, maybe it could also be "just" a good job from a 3d model.

Ok, I see. Looks like I need an SLR and proper lighting. Thanks for the tip, gents. =)

Nik

Ok, I see. Looks like I need an SLR and proper lighting. Thanks for the tip, gents. =)

Nik

A picture like this, still, with large DoF, is not the kind that is hardly done with a compact camera. The main reason for a dSLR in this case is that it can drive some flashes, more than other.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back