need help!

poobear07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys im new here and im about to open a studio with a friend of mine. Im currently in school for photography but as far as studio set up im kinda getting lost. does anyone have a really good website that talks about flashes and camera relation in a studio. also can i just buy any flash setup and camera setup. do i have to look at compatabillity between the 2? any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you should hold off on buying anything until you have a better idea of what you will need. The questions you are asking, tell me that you still have a lot to learn.

There are many, many options for lights and studio use...it could be anything from a room with a window...to a warehouse full of gear. Buying gear when you aren't sure, is probably a bad idea...and will be more expensive in the long run.

I second Big Mikes advice

If you are in a school - best place is to ask your teachers. ;)
I don't know about what sort of school or how much kit they have, but if they have any you might be able to use their studio to learn with out of class. Once you have a better idea of how the different bits of kit work and what they allow you to do you can start to build an idea of what kit you want/need to own to set-up

hey guys. i know about the equipment. i have worked in a studio for a year now. But its for a large corp. So they have most of their equipment specifically made for this company. so really what im asking is whats good out there? as far as name brands. Is it better to buy flash units together as a kit? Do those kits include a power box and sync cords? Is $700-$800 the going rate for studio kits?
thanks

Going Rate for an ok studio kit with lights and modifyers will start around $2500.00

Most reactions

New Topics

Back