Need ideas for final project

xoannie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm currently taking an Intro to Photography course at my college and I've done fairly well with the instructed material so far. However, for our final project we are required choose a subject matter or concept to be photographed over a 3 week period, for a total of 6-10 images that somehow relate to one another or tell a story. I have no idea what I could do with this to achieve a "well thought out and executed project which demonstrates a coherent concept/investigation and the highest level of craft and execution" though.

I was hoping some photographers on here could possibly throw me a few ideas to toy around with? Just anything to get the gears turning would be appreciated. Thanks!

I did a project like this on energy, fuel, and transportation (it would make more sense if you could see all the photos and read the nonsense I originally used to explain it, which is now lost). It was for an intro to photo class that was really disappointing, and so by that point instead of demonstrating "a coherent concept/investigation and the highest level of craft and execution" it mostly demonstrated my laziness and contempt for the class. I went for humorously high-drama black and white for most of it, since most of my classmates were probably thinking "wow, his camera has black and white mode!" anyway. Don't judge too harshly, I was so tired of the class by this point that I did the conversion and "processing" in iPhoto:

"Silverado"

silveradosmall.jpg

i suggest the beach for your final project
1: you can take 3 from sun rise and 3 from sun set
2: the beach has always been a beautiful subject ;)

Most reactions

Back