need more feedback on my photos.

Hey! Welcome to the forum. I recently got into photography but have have some experience with graphic design for a while, which helps with the aesthetics of things.

A few things to note, since you are just starting. First of all, your current camera is pretty limited in terms of what it can do compared to the images of many members here, so don't be discouraged if you're not happy with your results yet!

That said, the photographer always ultimately has the last say in how an image looks. I want to tell you to upgrade your gear for a cheap, good camera, but you should learn some basics first.

I would recommend you start learning some of the most fundamental principles of photography composition(placement, framing and structuring of subjects/details in your image).

Read up on the rule of thirds(probably the single most helpful thing you can learn just starting out), Depth of Field(although this isn't going to matter much with your current camera), shutter speed, and aperture. Lighting, colors, etc. There's tons of free info on the internet.

One of the most important things to keep in mind when taking pictures is that, if you intend to share them, these pictures need to be able to communicate something to their viewers. Looking through your flickr account, I see a lot of snapshots of scenes that you seem to have found interesting, but aren't really saying anything to me. In essence, try to find a way to make your pictures "speak". You may know what was going through your mind when you took the photo, but we don't. Try to tell us that through the photos themselves.

I like #12 the best. It's funky and OOF, but as an abstraction it seems to have something going on. A sun reaching out with its rays for a flower, perhaps.

The best composition is #8. Seems a little overexposed.

The rest look like snapshots, mostly OOF, mostly overexposed, weakly composed.

thanks thanks

Most reactions

Back